Thursday, January 6, 2011

An update, and a Court Hearing


Hello,

For everyone who has been following my wife's case, I wanted to give an update.

My wife remains in an immigration detention center after 3 1/2 months as we still try to fight her deportation. After suffering through several slow and flawed immigration proceedings where Mai was not given adequate access to her attorney, we are appealing her asylum plea in court where the facts will presented before an immigration judge.


Her court date info is as follows:
Mai's Asylum Appeal
Friday January 14th 2011
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
U.S. Immigration Court San Diego
401 West A Street Suite 800
San Diego, CA


My lawyer said that having people attend the court is beneficial to her case and shows that my wife has support from her family, friends as well as the community. If you are in the San Diego area and can spare some time that Friday morning, your presence and support would be greatly appreciated.



The facebook event can be found here:

Apart from the legal process, I have been working with my local congressman's office to stay in contact with immigration to make sure they don't rush any decisions and see if there's any type of relief they can offer.

In any case, I'd like to re-iterate my thanks for your continued support, thanks to many generous people we met our campaign goal to pay for our initial legal expenses. If you wish to contribute, simply spread the word to friends or others who may share our concern:


You can still donate to help us pay for things like Mai's prepaid phone calls home so she can talk to us and to cover our ongoing legal fees.

Thank you so much from me and my family,
T.J. Barbour of Bring Mai Home

No comments:

Post a Comment